The organization has grown rapidly, yet we have always had as many children on the waiting list as we have in the program. When we accept additional students in the program we are looking for children who:
- The child must be from a stable family setting (present guardian or parents). (The family must agree to keep a roof over the child’s head and do their best to provide at least one meal per day, have no substance abuse problem, be able to make school visits and support the child with other basic needs)
- The child should come from a needy family and meet the needy criteria, i.e. they cannot afford; three meals a day, basic education, medical and live below the poverty line of $1 a day.
- The family should reside in Dagoretti Constituency North or South.
- The child must be performing well. Be between grades 2 – 6 and present a report card with a minimum of 400 marks or exceeding expectations per the CBC. They must also pass the entry exam, which will be conducted at NRCF offices.
- During application, the parent must produce relevant documents . In case the parents are diseased, the guardians must be willing to provide relevant documents to prove the same
- The program accommodates a maximum of two children per family unless in exceptional cases.
Selection: NRCF conducts an ongoing process that takes place once every month.
Documentation: The parent/guardian must present the relevant supporting documents both for the parent/guardian and the child to the NRCF Administrative Assistant i.e.
- Health documents
- Health documents-CCC- card
- Current report card (Class 2 to 4 above (exceeding expectations))
- Birth certificate
- Death certificates/burial permit in case the parents are deceased
- Identification cards
- Recommendation letters from at least the pastor or the area chief.
Once a child is admitted to the program, Ngong Road Children’s Foundation Case Managers visit the home at least twice annually and the school twice per year. Our goal is to keep connected to the child and be able to report to sponsors on a regular basis.